Monday, January 16, 2012

The Wintery Sound


Yes, that is the spaceneedle.
I had the misfortune to spend the last few days with some form of stomach flu, not fun. However feeling mostly recovered today and a bit stir crazy I went for a short walk along one of my favorite parks in Seattle, Myrtle Edwards Park. Actually I think the part I was in is adjacent to it and belongs to the Port of Seattle. Still it has an amazing view of Puget Sound. It was trying to snow (or sleet or hail!), but there were still a lot of marine birds to be seen, even a cold wet looking heron (photo didn't really turn out). Stopped by the Happy Hooker to maybe pick up a warm beverage, but they were closed. They seem to have rather random hours so I am never sure. They sell beverages, snacks and fishing tackle. The sky was pretty spectacular, the photos don't do it justice! After a lovely, though rather nippy, stroll headed home to make veggie pho and finish the last of my grad school apps (all done!) Now I should really head off to bed as I have work tomorrow. Oh and unless it actually does start snowing, I'll be biking there via this park, such a fantastic commute!
ducks, geese, seagulls and more birds!!!
The Happy Hooker makes me happy

rosehips and dusting of snow
Alki (W.Seattle)

No comments:

Post a Comment