Sunday, January 22, 2012

It finally came, it's finally gone!

After a day delay the predicted snow came, the writers of the sign on the left (and in my previous entry) got their wish! It was fun for about a day, but this city is really not set up for snow and I am happy it's gone and everything is back to normal and getting about isn't a huge hassle.

In less snowy news, though white and powdery, I decided to try giving up sugar for a month. Today is day 4, I haven't been perfect... but then again my goal is mainly to cut out obvious sweets and sugar (cookies, pastries, ice cream etc.) and I have avoided those. There has certainly been temptation, probably the worst was walking past Beard Papa cream puffs after picking up groceries at Uwajimaya. I really wanted one of their éclairs. I keep telling myself it is only for a month and if this helps my skin look better it will be more than worth it. I have rosacea and sugar is supposed to be inflammatory, so hoping by avoiding it my skin will calm down (it hates this weather). Hey and maybe I'll lose a couple of pounds, which wouldn't be to bad either! If you are curious about some of the negative aspects of sugar here is an interesting article from the NY times: Is Sugar Toxic?

Pioneer Square in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment