Friday, March 16, 2012

Window shopping

Earlier this evening I went to the dress rehearsal of the ballet, it was great fun and I love the more modern pieces. Also on the bus ride home a jolly drunk sang me a catchy song about a gold fish that he had composed at 3 years old. It was quite amusing, especially when the guy next to him wanted to sing too and there was almost a sing off. There is really nothing like public transport! But that is not what this post is about... nope it is about me wasting time window shopping on the internet! So here are are a few of my (current) favorite things!

First of: Modcloth (I've never bought anything from them, but they do have pretty dresses). For example these:


 Unfortunately the ones I like are always out of stock, which I suppose is good for me pocket book.

Next up and in a different style: VirginBlak
They are a Korean mens wear store, but a lot of the clothes are rather androgynous and slim cut so good for women too. Their style is probably closer to my daily style than pretty dresses. I actually bought the top from them (though it hasn't arrived yet). I almost got the pants (I want some checked pants) but wasn't sure about sizing.
 



And now on to etsy for jewelry (my friend Jill introduced me to these guys, one of these days I'll break down!): Screwpulous Jewelry (HaremRoyal)

This piece is just amazing!:
All the pieces are stunning and they state that: "The materials are sourced from ethical outlets, keeping things as eco friendly as possible. All of the organic materials are either recycled or come from reliable, legal sources or they are antique. It was ensured that no animals were harmed for the sake of the jewelry." Which is good as I'd rather not have something killed just for fashion.


And lastly: Face Lace. These are lace-like face appliqués by Phyllis Cohen, they'd be so fun for a fancy dress ball or just going out! Unfortunately they aren't on sale yet and I am not sure if they are shipping to the US. Here are a couple of my favorites:


















For now maybe I can try duplicating with eyeliner and a very steady hand (though I have a feeling that will be a disaster!).


The witching hour has come and I ought to step away from this glowing screen, so good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment