Monday, March 12, 2012

Lazy Sunday

Today the clocks sprung forward, but not I. No springing for this lazy lass, instead indulged in utter sloth. (I did go grocery shopping & for a short walk. Would have walked further, but feared the wind would blow me away). I am hoping to kill the early signs of a cold with copious amounts of tea, food and lots of naps. Time will tell if it works!

Trader Joe's Silent Movie Monday
waiting for the movie to start.
For now I thought I'd post a short update on life since my last  post, or some of it at least. Mainly I have been incessantly checking my emails to find out if I have gotten in to any of the grad schools to which I applied, so far the verdict is... check again later. *sigh*  Last month in February, the lads and I went to one of Trader Joe's Silent Movie Mondays at the Paramount. First off that place has the most beautiful bathrooms ever (sorry no photo). Actually the whole place is quite stunning and beautiful setting for a silent movie. Also this is one of the few events in Seattle where the average age is probably over 50. Anyway the movie was Wings starring Clara Bow, the music accompaniment was on the historic Mighty Wurlitzer organ by the very talented Jim Riggs.

The silent movie night start back up in April, not sure what the theme is, but will try and make it out again!

D & N Silent Movie MondayParamount Theater



Oh and if you have been curious about my sugar free experience: I am off the wagon, though I am trying to keep it on the lower end (ideally around 40 or so grams a day). Though I did lose weight, my skin did not noticeably improve. I think the flushing was a little less, but that is hard to tell and it certainly didn't clear up while I was sugar free, in fact it is clearer right now. Still I think keeping my sugar intake at a more reasonable level will be a benefit in the long term and not only for my waist line. Also the very expensive skin cream sample (copper peptide stuff) was nice, but not any better than some drugstore brand, which is good as it means I don't feel the urge to run out and spend $80 on a tiny tube of it!

Also picked up an issue of Zipper Magazine at Kinokuniya book store. I'll claim I bought it to improve my Japanese reading, but really I just look at the pictures. It came with a ridiculously cute (& pink) bag... I had hoped it was a t-shirt, but obviously my Japanese needs a lot of help! Speaking of street snaps one of favorite sites to peruse is: fashionsnap.com 
(it is in Japanese, but you can use Google to translate or just realize that at the bottom 次のページ will navigate you to earlier pages. 次の (tsugi no) = next). One of these days I'll post some of my favorites, for now I'll just say I love all the fun patterned tights! I wore mine yesterday and received a lot of comments, mainly good though a few were a bit out there (but hey I work in Pioneer Square, a lot of people there are a bit out there!)

That's all for now, need more tea! (& maybe a snack...)
こんばんわ!

No comments:

Post a Comment