Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vampire Masquerade Ball

A couple of weekends ago I took a trip down to Portland, OR for their annual Vampire Masquerade Ball, this being the 10th year and my first. I was a bit worried it would be hokey, but had quite the blast and was quite blown away at the attention to detail of the people who put it on, especially Lady Raven. There was a midnight waltz with live music by several members the Portland Baroque Orchestra, trapeze artists, various vendors and free food, including a chocolate fountain. D. and Jamie came along and I couldn't have chosen better travel companions. Jamie and I attempted to waltz, but it ended up a bit more improvisation as she knows Viennese and I have a rough memory of the box step.
D, me & Jamie at the end of the night

Despite originally having chosen completely different outfits, we both ended up in silk velvet 1930's dresses, great minds think alike I guess! Even D. danced, which I haven't seen him do in 10 years! There were some great outfits there that night and I am hoping they add a photogallery to the website soon as I didn't take that many photos as I was too busy dancing*. (you can see some more that I took on Flickr).

*Jamie actually took a great one of me and D. dancing but unfortunately I can't find it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment