Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2 weeks sugar-free

(stock photo of sugar cubes)
It is week 2 of my sugar free diet experiment (or close enough), and despite my initial misgivings today I'm a believer! The best part is the unexpected benefit of having lost several pounds and even better I appear to have gone down a clothing size. Considering I have not been dieting, at least not in the sense of reducing calories, I'm amazed. As for my skin it is harder to tell. It doesn't look bad right now, but it tends to fluctuate so I can't say it is the lack of sugar in my diet. There is also the fact that I have been concurrently testing out the free sample I received of Blue Copper Firming Elastic Repair by Osmotic (gah what a mouthful). The lady at Nordstroms told me it was a miracle skin cream, one can only hope! I have however stopped using my retin-A (mainly because I ran out). I took a photo of my skin yesterday and will compare it to a photo in 2 weeks and see if there are improvements. I still won't really know whether it was the cream or the lack of sugar (or maybe a combo) but if it keeps getting better from here then I know something is working!

Oh and sugar seems to be making news, especially after an article in Nature. Here a article from the SF Chronicle: UCSF scientists declare war on sugar in food. Well I am not 100% sure that sugar is the root of all evil, moderation I think is usually the key. Still I am now more aware of how much hidden sugar is in foods and I think most people end up eating way more than they realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment